Friday, November 5, 2010

Life's Challenges

Warning: These are just my thoughts during this time + some processing.

This past week has been quite a challenge for this little family. We found out last Thursday that we would not be welcoming a second child into this world yet. At first I was confused...not understanding how this could happen to me. I had the perfect pregnancy with Eisley and never saw this coming. I've found myself saying I didn't understand a lot of things this past year and realizing now that I don't have to understand anything and just trust in the Lord.

I finally had time to sit down and read my Bible Saturday night and this is the FIRST verse I read. I wasn't looking for it and was probably doing just the opposite thinking that I'd be reading in Lamentations and nothing would apply to what was going on. How crazy to think that God wouldn't speak to me during this time!!

Lamentations 3:20-27

20I will never forget this awful time,

as I grieve over my loss.

21Yet I still dare to hope

when I remember this:

22The faithful love of the LORD never ends!b

His mercies never cease.

23Great is his faithfulness;

his mercies begin afresh each morning.

24I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance;

therefore, I will hope in him!”

25The LORD is good to those who depend on him,

to those who search for him.

26So it is good to wait quietly

for salvation from the LORD.

27And it is good for people to submit at an early age

to the yoke of his discipline


I love that is says I still DARE to hope when I remember the faithfulness of the Lord. The Lord is good to those who DEPEND on Him so that is just what I will do. I am so thankful that God is in control and His ways are better than mine.


I learned Psalm 23 of the Bible in first grade and have never forgotten it. Never did I know how much it would apply to this week in my life. So thank you Miss Patton for making us learn this, although you'll never read this!

I was sitting by myself getting a sonogram after going to the ER (they wouldn't let Daniel come in with me to the room). I was mad because I didn't want to be alone to look at the sonogram, but God brought this to my mind and I just prayed it over and over. Thankful that he is in control.

The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

I'm glad that I'll get to walk someone else through this and encourage them that the Lord is good!

We've had so many precious friends and family reach out to us and it's great to be so loved during this time.

1 Comment:

  1. Tori said...
    I can't imagine all that you had to walk through, and continue to walk through, to deal with your loss. It's exciting, though, to see the ways God is working in it! Love you!

Post a Comment