Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 in Review!

I don't think anything too exciting happened last January or February besides trying to build our business'.

We sold our second house in March.

Our baby girl turned 1 in April.

We bought our 3rd house..that's right 3rd. Lived with my parents for 2 months while we looked for our third house. We closed at the end of May. We finally have it completed inside. Of course, we have some other things we want to do, but everything downstairs except for the bathroom and wall colors is done. I'll post a blog about that with pictures soon :)

Became an aunt to Josiah Samuel.

Celebrated 3 years of marriage followed by a trip to Greece. We left the day after our anniversary although it was for a work trip we still had a lot of fun and were able to get away just the two of us and enjoy each other!

I was at our women's conference in July (I think) and really felt like God was impressing upon me to quit real estate. It was a test of faith for me. We had been depending on the income since Daniel started his company this past November. I felt like I was running ragged most of the time..dropping Eisley off here, doing open houses here, writing contracts, answering nine o'clock phone calls from a buyer. I was pretty successful as a part time agent so I didn't want to give up the income, but "His ways are higher than our ways. (Isa 55:9)". He has once again proven faithful. I knew he would and being obedient ended with a weight lifted instead of a burden on our finances.

Eisley started Mother's Day Out in August which coincided with me phasing out of real estate and working with Daniel at Concept Culture (www.conceptculture.com). I had my last closing in October. I can now refer business and make a referral fee so I've kept my license for now to see what I end up doing in the long haul.

I started working with Daniel 3 days a week keeping the books and running errands. Hoping it turns into more, but for now I've been catching up on all 2010 and organizing everything.

Since Eisley started Mother's Day out she finally goes into the nursery at church so I am able to get involved again. She would scream hysterically for over the first year of her life. That is definitely an answered prayer of mine. She loves her teachers at church and at MDO. She is learning so much and I am going to blog about her later :)

Lost our second baby at the beginning of November. That was one thing I would've never expected, but again "HIS WAYS ARE HIGHER THAN OUR WAYS".

Overall this year I think I've just learned to trust a little more. Trust without knowing the why. Or understanding the whole situation.

Praying that 2011 is a year where we see lots of growth. Perhaps of our family, friends, relationships, seeing people saved, seeing lives changed, and our business growing. Most of all I just want to see God move in ways he never has before in my life. I want to depend on Him every day and every moment. I'm excited to see what He has in store for us, our friends, and our families.

3 Comments:

  1. The Sisson's Jubilee said...
    Love this post and love YOU!! Can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for the McCarthy's. It's never boring, that's for sure :)
    Hayley McCarthy said...
    I forgot to mention Daniel moved offices twice. Hopefully we'll stay in this one for the next three years!
    Tori said...
    So thankful we got to walk through 2011 as friends! This was a big year for your family in many ways, and it's so awesome to see the ways God grew and taught you through every step. Love you!

Post a Comment